So, as i've made quite evident for a few days, i'm stuck on Adele. Today, i'm watching her Live performance at Royal Albert Hall. I love how raw she is and how open about her life, her heartbreaks and the person they have made her.
In the middle of all that chatting and singing, she spoke about herself, about how she doesn't think of things and just pushes them to the back of her mind; it only comes out in her songs.
That hit a spot with me. If you ever happen to meet me, you'll never know the kind of shitholes that are scattered across my life. I'll never volunteer information till you ask me about it. I'll not talk about it too much when i do because i see no point in talking about it: it's done, it's over. Those who know me well, know that a lot of pain and hatred and hurt and emotion lies behind a veneer of sarcasm, bitchiness and on rare occasions, silence. And i know that among all the people who know me well, nobody knows me quite as well as he does.
But, like i said, i won't talk about it if i meet you. But you'll see it pour out in my writing. A lot of it. It's the possible reason why Chopsticks, my friend, remarked once that if a guy wants to woo me, he just needs to read my blog. (Pshaw.)
Anonymity is comfortable, especially if i don't know who i'm talking to. Makes it easier to say things. So, much as i'm tempted to know who some of you guys - the people who read my blog - are, i don't want to really know. Once i do, i'll find it hard to be as open as i am now. And that's not the idea for this blog at all - it's a personal account of things that happen to me. I don't need things happening to make me uncomfortable about writing on my own blog, innit?
Yeah, sorry. I started out wanting to say something and said something else entirely. I just wanted to say that i love Adele and she struck a chord with me.
I think maybe we can be friends.
Today's song: Lovesong - Adele's cover of The Cure.
2 comments:
Ahhh...I concur completely. Anonymity makes it way easier to spit it all out. Blogging is therapy...I would recommend it to anyone who's hurt...so much better than a shrink and waaay cheaper ;)
- Ofloveanditsmoorings
Not just way cheaper, it's free! :P
Post a Comment