Damn you, Shopping. It's a good thing your visits to me are pretty rare.
Here's what it made me buy:
I shopped for sarees. This, despite making up my mind that i would wear a salwar kameez this Eid. Stupid Dastakar stalls with stupid tempting sarees on display. Stupid greed which made me grab three sarees. (Can you tell that i'm willing to hold anything but me responsible for my lapse in sensibility?)
The green and floral prints are silk cotton mixes and cost 1,300 each. The Copper sulphate Blue (excuse the creases on it, i wore it for Eid) is pure Kanchipuram silk and cost me 2,900. The Pink saree you see in the picture is six meters of pure White Georgette that i got dyed that particular shade of pink. I feel like an empty space has been filled in my heart (and my wardrobe). The fabric's from Mysore Udyog, and the saree cost me 2500, including the dyeing.
I shopped for pretty stuff for the room. Blame Dastakar again.
There was a stall with tons and tons of kites and i just had to get one. It brings back memories of flying home-made kites with my grandfather on the terrace of their home. Not a bad deal for 75 bucks. The bling string (that's what i'm calling it) is actually a toran, but i liked the idea of hanging it straight. And so it hangs. Gujarat handicrafts, 550 bucks.
I shopped for more stoles and shawls, but will put it up some other time. I'm embarassed to put so many clothes up. Considering i still have to tell you about the blouses.
I shopped for blouses.
Brocade's been my poison for a couple of years now, so i picked up brocade fabrics (and one pure silk) from Mysore Udyog for the Pink and Copper sulphate Blue and got them made into blouses. Two for the blue and two for the pink, priced between 380-900 bucks per metre. I know, i know. Greed. I'm guilty of it.
I shopped for books. I ran out of books to read, so rather than go to a library like any decent reader with half a brain, i ordered for books online. Meet Flipkart, my new vice. Now this is one bunch of things i am neither guilty nor ashamed of! These books i've been eyeing for a loooooong time. Except for the Snicket - i think that's a new one.
Yeah, that about sums up the reason behind my empty pockets and wideass grin.
No comments:
Post a Comment