"Ey, tomorrow you're coming with me for a play", Munchkin said. "Okay", I replied. As if I was given much choice. I could have refused still, but not having been to a play in over three years, I thought, what the heck, I don't have a blooming social life so I might as well go and see.
I'm so glad I went.
The play was an adapt of American playwright Lee Blessing's play by the same name. Naseeruddin Shah and Rajit Kapoor were the cast, and the play was directed by Ratna Pathak Shah. (For some reason, the floosy woman introducing them insisted on calling her Director Sahiba.)
It was an entertaining hour of extremely well-scripted dialogues enhanced by breath-taking performances. Studying Naseeruddin Shah's body language as he transitioned from a charming Quixotic character into an old man with no more fight left in him was stunning. "History is geography over time", he says. Rajit Kapoor as the uptight Indian diplomat was fantastic. "You didn't say I had to be trivial and entertaining", was one of his memorable dialogues.
If you ever get an opportunity to watch the two of them, grab it without second thought.
In other news, life is getting along. I keep thinking about posting, but somehow, the inclination to write copious amounts is headed towards the exit.
But, will muster up enough energy and recollect my thoughts to post something soon.
I'm so glad I went.
The play was an adapt of American playwright Lee Blessing's play by the same name. Naseeruddin Shah and Rajit Kapoor were the cast, and the play was directed by Ratna Pathak Shah. (For some reason, the floosy woman introducing them insisted on calling her Director Sahiba.)
It was an entertaining hour of extremely well-scripted dialogues enhanced by breath-taking performances. Studying Naseeruddin Shah's body language as he transitioned from a charming Quixotic character into an old man with no more fight left in him was stunning. "History is geography over time", he says. Rajit Kapoor as the uptight Indian diplomat was fantastic. "You didn't say I had to be trivial and entertaining", was one of his memorable dialogues.
If you ever get an opportunity to watch the two of them, grab it without second thought.
In other news, life is getting along. I keep thinking about posting, but somehow, the inclination to write copious amounts is headed towards the exit.
But, will muster up enough energy and recollect my thoughts to post something soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment