Monday, May 28, 2012

So this is how easy starting over is.

I came back from a week in Leh on Saturday. Anything i say about the place won't come close to what it really is. And it's supremely beautiful in every way.

I went with 15 other women, all of them total strangers brought together by Women on Wanderlust. It was a great experience. I made new friends, had loads of fun and was glad that i was with a group of women who were mostly non-bitchy and non-political but so game to change plans and try new things.

It was like starting a new life. Starting over. I didn't want to hear from anybody back home. I didn't think of the life that existed, waited for me back in Bangalore. I only called my parents. I had no desire to talk to anybody else. I wanted to be nobody's shoulder to cry on, ray of hope, or world of love. I wanted to be, for me. I didn't think. Imagine that! I didn't THINK! I was lost in the scenic beauty of Leh. There was no work, no love, no worry, no stress, nothing. Just taking the day as it comes; having fun didn't take any effort. And that's when i realised that it would be so easy to let go of everything, of everyone. It would probably be a good thing too, because Leh healed me in ways i didn't think was possible. It did so much good to me without my realising it.

I hate being back. I've had severe fits of anger already, and fights that could have been avoided. But it's true. I still want my escape. I want it to last longer. I don't want to get back to my life. I'm being forced to, but bloody hell i'm going to put up a fight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like JUST what I need :) So exciting, and so happy for you! And Hello?! just one single picture?!

The Nebulous One said...

Wait wait! One single picture for here. Potli Baba's going to have at least ten more!

And yeah, i'm happy for me too! That place is one experience everybody must live through at least once. :)