So it is with plenty of fear and stereotyped, cliched misgivings that i count the days to my 25th birthday. Obviously, i begin to worry (putting it mildly) about not having a steady relationship. But it's not just that. There are thoughts that keep flitting in and out of my head, leaving me all confused at the end of the day. And with plenty of conclusions. Here are some:
- Men i've had a relationship with so far, have all been spineless. Except for one. (That's still not a good ratio, considering the total number of men i have 'seen' is 3.)
- They've either been two-timing, divorced or just unavailable. Or disinterested.
- There was a point when i cribbed about these warped relationship statuses, but now i'm comfortable because settling down is a scary concept to me. Maybe because i'm used to compromise.
- It takes several wrong men to get that one right guy. (I'm still number 1312343748 in the waiting list though.)
- I'm tired of not being pampered in a relationship.
- I'm tired of being an ogress in my last one.
- I'm tired of being happy with what i get, no matter how little it is.
- I'm just so...tired.
- I don't like being informed about being set up with someone, and then being set up. When that happens, i scoot like a hamster with its genitals on fire.
- I don't like being the one who gives and gives and gives.
- I think i've wished so much and so hard to stay single, that God finally agreed to give me my wish. Only, i don't want it to be true any more. Sigh. The irony.
- I have to let go. And i can't.
- As a child, i never dreamt of my Prince Charming. Maybe that's the problem, i grew up too soon.
- Gymming and dance class keeps my mind off all this crap.
- This world is so, so, so short of decent men.
No comments:
Post a Comment