I can't remember where or when I came across her. All I know is that her writing is heartbreakingly beautiful and true. And every time I read her, I feel my chest pounding. I feel life coursing through my veins, sadness - oh, so much sadness - engulfing me and a desire - a deep desire - to be brave and deal with things.
Today, I came across a post of hers. I'm struggling with a relationship that has come to an end. I don't know how to deal with it. I don't want to let it go. I'm actually having serious trouble letting go - I cling to it like it's my lifeline. My very being. My everything. Today, in the middle of that struggle and what is possibly the start of the healing - the one-digit-at-a-time loosening of my grip on a long relationship that probably wasn't meant to be - I came across this post of hers. And I'm left breathless with grief and heartbroken, because I have to do what she says. I know I have to do it. And I need to pull myself together and find the courage - that oh-so-evasive courage - to be me.
To be free. Like he wants to be. Like he's trying to be.
Read it. Maybe she'll do something for you too.
http://hannahbrencher.com/2013/12/03/dont-bring-anything-more-into-the-web/
Today, I came across a post of hers. I'm struggling with a relationship that has come to an end. I don't know how to deal with it. I don't want to let it go. I'm actually having serious trouble letting go - I cling to it like it's my lifeline. My very being. My everything. Today, in the middle of that struggle and what is possibly the start of the healing - the one-digit-at-a-time loosening of my grip on a long relationship that probably wasn't meant to be - I came across this post of hers. And I'm left breathless with grief and heartbroken, because I have to do what she says. I know I have to do it. And I need to pull myself together and find the courage - that oh-so-evasive courage - to be me.
To be free. Like he wants to be. Like he's trying to be.
Read it. Maybe she'll do something for you too.
http://hannahbrencher.com/2013/12/03/dont-bring-anything-more-into-the-web/
No comments:
Post a Comment