My day started at 5:30 a.m because i was attending a Webinar on Mobile Marketing. Somewhere in the back of my head, i thought that maybe i should work from home today and then discarded the idea faster than rotting food because there were meeting scheduled. So ho hum, i bathe, wear my jeans, crunch down on some junk food and head out.
I get my bike out with ease. Enjoy my ride to work. Stop at a petrol bunk to tank up. Give this git of a 19-year old guy trying to cut across a dirty look and a sarcastically polite "Can i please go ahead of you?". Get on the bike, ride out of the bunk and... BAM!
Next thing i know, i'm on the ground, lying like Madhuri Dixit's tawaif step in the Devdas song Maar daala.
I skidded on sand. Gravelly, beige, dirty, dry, stony sand. I was trying to take a short turn and merge into the ongoing traffic, and in my attempt, i slipped. The bike fell with a bang and so did i. I think we've got a lot in common that way, the bike and I. We are both heavy, we both fall hard when we fall, and we both go flying. I did, so much so that as i slid across the gravel, my shirt flew up and the dirt grazed my stomach. My flat-out left palm got scraped and my knees got badly bruised through my jeans, but i'll only know the full effect of it tomorrow morning. Thank God for the helmet on my head, and the fact that i fell away from the traffic. The bike's suffered the most damage, poor thing. The left headlight's gone and there's a clean cut on the top panel.
I'm pretty shaken up by the incident. After checking for bruises and serious damage, I quietly gave the bike for servicing and came back home.
Don't know what it has been this month, but things have been terrible on the physical health front. First the pain in my left arm, the tummy aches, my allergy, and now this.
I bet Caesar had a less painful death despite his 23 stabs.
*Sigh* I hope there aren't going to be any more of these now.
3 comments:
well its the last day of the month. heres to a healthy april!
Amen!
the stars foretell a happy healthy april. there may be travel on the cards. Be careful not to antagonize close friends by visiting their city when they are away in sunny goa
Post a Comment