On the way back from Grandma's last evening, my parents were talking about something bad that had happened to somebody: a traumatic experience that has left everybody invovled, rattled. Dad, after a moment of thought, heaved a sigh and wondered aloud about why God puts people through such pain. They're people who've never wished harm on anybody and have lived their lives as good human beings.
Which got me thinking: What if we're all wrong in the way we see this?
What if it's not God who's putting us through the pain? What if it's the work of El Diablo?
Really, if everything said about God is true, then He should stand for all that's good, and only that. I think it's the devil that puts us through the tests to see if we still emerge singing praises of God, or just give up and live a Godless life. So when we say, "Why is he putting us through this?", we should start meaning the fallen angel and not God.
Maybe even God will agree with my perspective.
4 comments:
i would tend to agree..i think difficulties and adversities are tests, that are put there to see if we can overcome them and come out and see the sunshne, or if we're weak and cower beneath the shadows..
:)
Hey Boss! How you doing its been ages. I hope you still got your groove on with the dancing and all. I just started reading ur blog, (don't know why I didn't earlier) I've always liked your style though i don't think i often agreed with your perspective though. After reading a few of your posts I decided to write my own, Thanks for the inspiration. I let you know when i make my first entry! Leon
Leeeon!
I'm good! How're you doing? Where are you? Mail me, tell all! Dancing's kinda come to a stand-still for now, but the rest is going on.
Thanks about the writing style, and i'm hoping to read a first post from you soon. :)
Post a Comment