Thursday, June 07, 2007

Strengths and Weaknesses.

Okay, this is going to be fun.

I have a weakness for saris. It takes immense will power - and to some extent, being broke - to resist picking up a gorgeous number when i see one. A couple of weeks ago, i went out shopping with mommy dearest to Safina Plaza. It was a spur of the moment decision, and i went thinking i'm not going to spend blah blah. Mannn, there was a Kutch Exhibition and i couldn't keep my hands off the saris! I picked up two, came back home and showed my purchases off to my aunt who was visiting grandma then.

She looked at the saris, commented on how nice they were and dropped a killer line: So, when's the wedding?

Umm... "Yes, yes", she went on brushing aside my umms and aahhs, "You have only one year now. Then your market value will just plummet."

Ohmigod, she really, actually said that! My aunt, MY aunt! So educated, so well read, so sensible, so...Ohmigod. I was shocked, then offended, then indifferent.

For some reason i was just thinking about it again yesterday and it struck me as funny. Imagine, if i don't get married now, then i never will. Then i wondered, even if i do listen to her and say yes to the process of 'groom hunting', which man in his right senses would agree to tie himself down with me?


Just for kicks, though, i thought i'd list out things that could reflect my 'market value' in terms of who i am, and not how old i am. So here goes.

Strengths:
1. Loyalty (Woof woof!) - 'ex'es and my workplace are proof.
2. Adjusting - i'm sorry, but this doesn't apply to seating arrangements anywhere. My size doesn't allow for that kind of adjustment.
3. Good HR skills - bring on the maasi with a foul mouth or the Kasautiwali Kamalika
4. I can cook, and cook well (I think i should make this the top of the list)
5. Rare shopper (Hallelujah!)
6. Good housekeeping skills (That doesn't mean i keep cleaning up behind the man's mess)

Weaknesses:
1. Bald pates and french beards (well, i won't cheat but i am allowed to drool, aren't i?)
2. Cats
3. Extremely low levels of patience
4. I'm a wee bit too bold for people to handle
5. Need plenty of TLC

I guess that more or less summarises it.



No comments: