Monday, July 13, 2015

Reviewing the past.

I was looking through my book reviews on In Good Books and I realised, God I could be quite a bitch! A handful of books that I have trashed, I have done so spectacularly that the reviews are making me cringe for the author's sake. And a new feeling accompanies that cringing - humility and a realisation of the effort it must have taken for those authors to get published. Well, at least a big chunk of them. Having been through a trying time in the last couple of years, I realise now how opinions can destroy ambitions and souls. How they can deprive someone of every ounce of confidence they have. 

So, for all you authors I have trashed in the past, my apologies. Please know that I don't mock or demean your efforts. You have the ambition and the honour of being a published author, now please just work on your words so that any opinion that comes your way does not have the power to rob you of your sense of self and self-worth.

No comments: