8:30 a.m: One eye shivers open while the other remains obstinately shut. Will power solely responsible for pulling me out of bed.
9:15 a.m: Squeaky clean and ready to walk to the post office diagonally opposite home. Good news awaits there.
9:20 a.m: Tempted to play Medusa and turn the post office official into stone, but that would only mean delay in receiving...
9:20:49 a.m: ...my PASSPORT! I have a passport! A Republic of India Passport! Yippeeeee! Shiny, Blue-black, enclosing 36 pages of unstamped travelobauchery (that's short for travel debauchery) and a beyond-pathetic picture of me. I. Have. A. Passport. After seven years of dilly-dallying, pshawing, who-needs-a-passport-ing, and aggressive peer pressure, i finally have it.
9:35 a.m: Stil can't wipe the grin on my face. It's like the travel bug in me found freedom.
9:45 a.m: *Ring* "Hello Madam, I'm calling from Flipkart. I am downstairs with your shipment." Oh, my heart momentarily stops beating and then picks up double-time.
9:50 a.m: With shaking-in-anticipation hands, i unravel...
...the book that i have spent a good four years hunting for. I first laid eyes on it at Reliance Time Out and didn't pick it up because i didn't have the money. The second time, i had the money but the copy that Blossom Book House had was not pristine. (Yes, i'm very particular about my books being in mint-condition when i buy them.)
Imagine my joy when i discovered that not only was this copy in superb condition, but it was also...in hardbound cover!
Oh, if only i could faint like a damsel wrought with extreme emotion, i would!
A million thanks to Flipkart and the Indian Government for brightening up my day and making me forget my sickness.
5:46 p.m: I can't stop grinning.
1 comment:
travel debauchery. i like!!
Post a Comment