Is this what turning 27 is supposed to be like? Cause i sure as hell seem to suddenly be carrying very heavy thoughts in my head - a load that, when added to my heaving self, is a bit much to manage round-the-clock.
I see a disturbing movie, and i think i don't ever wanna have kids just so i don't ruin their lives by not doing the right thing, giving them the 'right' upbringing. I go partying on a Saturday night and i feel like an ungainly hag with no sense of style who just wants to let loose with some average standard shakes of arm-leg tangles. I visit relatives and think, yeah, maybe i need to consider marriage. I visit friends and think, okay maybe not. I stay out of home most of the time in the fear that i'm running out of life and need to make the most of it while i can. I apply for post-grad courses because hey, i feel the need to reassure myself that i am as intelligent as i used to be. I keep pushing visits to the doctor. I try to get out of bed early every day, only to fall back because my eyes refuse to respond to the signals my brain's sending. I worry about wrinkles and growing frail and taking pills to fortify my beginning-to-creak bones.
Really, is this what it's like to be 27? Because if it is, by God, i have a raw deal on my hands and want none of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment