No, you are not dead. Battery or otherwise. It's just that i realised how much i need you.
You keep me in touch with the world, and help avoid people i don't want to have anything to do with. You are my eyes and my memory, capturing moments that would have been lost forever if it wasn't for your quick wit and sharp eye. Like that picture of me and him. Do you know, you're the first and only one to get a picture of the two of us together? So what if we don't look like the perfect couple, we're still in the same frame without anybody else being in it!
Yeah, yeah i know. I'm getting sentimental and all. And see, you have a way to cheer me up as well - songs at the tip of your button, games at the snap of a finger. Yeah, the radio too. One cannot help but feel helpless without you, K750i. And it's not just sitting here deserted in my brand new office that makes me say so. I really, truly mean it. From my heart.
I hope to God that i never have to forsake you. I can't live with the added burden of having to dump you like i did my reliable old Nokia 3310. He did serve me well, that one. It's also true that i put him through a lot of shit - slamming him against a wall when i was angry, hurling him across the bed when i was hurt or frustrated, just plain f***ing around with him so much that he couldn't handle the pain any more and quietly left this life for another, better one. No. I don't want to do those things to you. You're my best buddy (among the inanimate varieties). Besides, my life has changed quite a bit.
I no longer feel those pangs of frustration. Hurt, yes. No frustration, no tears, no anger. You revived me.
No comments:
Post a Comment