Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Baby on board!

Sometimes you're just so glad things happen the way they do.

I didn't get an auto even after half an hour of waiting outside office, appearing to all and sundry on the roads like i was waiting to offer my 'services' to the right one who came along. Desperate, i thought of everybody who could possibly take me home safe, away from prying eyes. N's name popped into my head and i called her. Got an auto easily enough to her office. I told N about S being in town, and how i had been trying to get in touch with her. What ensued was a long-drawn phone call to S, where she claimed she didn't care if i bothered to meet her now, i 'didn't really matter anymore' etc. etc. And that's how we came to meet her last night.

S is close to eight months pregnant with her second baby. As we sat and caught up - S giving me these 'i-know-what-you're-upto' looks once in a while that and N adding fuel to the fire - S gave a start and said, "Hey, you want to feel the baby move?"

I can tell you, it is the most freaky sensation ever. Surreal. I could feel the little one's heartbeat go dub-dub (yeah, i know it's supposed to be lub-dub but what the heck)... feel her kicking furiously against mommy's belly, like she was practicing karate with her little feet. It was lovely, lovely.

I sort of know now why those macho men make those puppy-eyed 'awwwwwww' faces in the movies when they feel the bloated stomachs of their pregnant wives.

No comments: